Karnataka State Police Recruitment 2015-2016 for 223 Sub Inspector Jobs. Karnataka State Police Recruitment for 223 Sub Inspector of Police(Civil)(PSI, CIVIL) 2015 Vacancies. Karnataka State Police has been released a notification for 223 jobs or Vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 21st December 2015. Please read the below provided information such as educational qualification, application fees, selection procedure etc. carefully before applying for this job.
About Karnataka State Police:
Police in Karnataka were called by various names in different regions. After initiation of Policing, they were initially called Thoti, Talwar, Umbalidhar, Kattubidi, Neeraganti etc. The police primarily with policing used to do other jobs entrusted to them. The foundation of present police set up was laid after the appointment of States first Inspector General of Police. Today the State Police has grown into a big and complex organization running on modern management principles.
Mysore State was the predecessor to Karnataka State, which was created on 1st November 1965. Sri. L. Rickets was appointed as first Inspector General of Police, prior to which the State Police had no status, structure and powers as such. During 1883 it was reported that Talwars, Thotis, Neeragantis, Kavalugararu, Amaragararu, Ankamaale, Patela, Shyanubhogas etc. used to do policing. During the rule of Maharajas of Mysore, the policing existed in different variants.
KANDACHARA OR HUKUMNAMA:
Hukumnama or Kandachara was issued for policing during the rule of Maharaja Mummudi Krishna Raja Wodeyar (1799-1811) at old Mysore region under the British rule, when Sri. Poornaiah was Dewan. The soldiers belonging to Maharajas infantry were entrusted with responsibility of policing, which European soldiers supervised. Amaldhars (now Tehasildhars) the revenue officers were Taluk Police Chiefs. They were assisted by Faujidhars, who also collected taxes from peasants. Police system worked in various names such as Talwars, Thotigars, and Kavalgars. Later in 1817 as per Bengal regulation model law was enforced, Patels, Shyanubhogas were entrusted with police responsibilities. They were neither paid, granted leave or vehicles were provided to them. Instead Maharaja gave them Inam (Bhakshis) in the form of lands or food grains.
In 1853, Police Act was enacted across the country. When Lord Cubbon was posted as Commissioner there were 8 districts divided into 3 divisions, each district headed by the Magistrate (District Collector), and Superintendents were posted. Both had no formal training. The District Magistrates were Police Chiefs assisted by Superintendents of Police.
Karnataka State Police Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Last Date to Apply: 21-12-2015
Total Number of Vacancies: 223 Posts
Name of the Posts:
- PSI ( CIVIL )
Educational Qualification: Any degree from University recognised by UGC or EQUIVALENT
FOR DIRECT CANDIDATES:
- GM: 21 Years to 26 Years
- SC,ST,CAT-01,2A,2B,3A & 3B: 21 Years to 28 Years
FOR INSERVICE CANDIDATES:
- GM: 35 Years
- SC,ST,CAT-01,2A,2B,3A & 3B: 40 Years
GM , 2A,2B, 3A,3B: Rs.250/-
SC , ST, CAT-01: Rs.100/-
- ET & PST
- WRITTEN EXAMINATION
- Payment should be made in State Bank of Mysore (SBM)/State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH) only.
- Candidates have to fill the application and generate the challan and make the payment in the respective bank.
- If candidates submitting more than one application for the same post, only one application (finally submitted) will be considered.
- Written Examination will be held on same day at all Centre for the candidates who will be qualifying in Endurance Test & Physical Standard Test.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 21st December 2015 through the website http://psinhk15.ksponline.co.in/ , please read below notification for detailed information about post.
Related Government Jobs:
- North Central Railway Recruitment 2015-2016 for 413 Apprentice Posts
- Goa PSC Recruitment 2015-2016 for 18 Medical Jobs
- Syndicate Bank Recruitment 2015-2016 for 135 Posts
- Engineering Projects India Ltd Recruitment 2015-2016 for 64 Manager Jobs
- UPSC Recruitment 2015-2016 for 17 Scientific Officers and Other Posts