Pune University Recruitment 2015-2016 for 126 Teaching & Non Teaching Posts. Savitribai Phule Pune University has given a notification for the recruitment of 126 Professor, Associate Professor, Asst. Professor, Asst. Librarian, Programme Coordinator vacancies in the various departments. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online from 09-11-2015 to 29-11-2015 and send their receipt of application on or before 04-12-2015.
About Savitribai Phule Pune University:
Savitribai Phule Pune University was established under the Pune University Act, passed by the Bombay legislature on 10 February 1948. In the same year, Dr. M. R. Jayakar became its first Vice-Chancellor. B. G. Kher, Chief Minister and Education Jobs Minister of the government of Bombay, helped ensure the university received a large allocation of land for their campus. In early 1950, the university was allocated over 411 acres.
The University of Pune (earlier name) was renamed as Savitribai Phule Pune University on 9 November 2014 in the honor of Savitribai Phule who was an Indian social reformer who played an important role in improving womens rights in India during British rule. She founded the first womens school at Pune in 1848.
The University stands for humanism and tolerance, for reason, for adventure of ideas and for the search of truth. It stands for the forward march of the human race towards even higher objectives. If the universities discharge their duties adequately then it is well with the nation and the people. Jawaharlal Nehru (first prime minister of India)
Its location has historical significance. Some incidents of the Battle of Khadki, during the Third Anglo-Maratha War, took place where the present-day university is located. The present-day main building was built in 1864 and was known as the Governors House. The university is home to IUCAA, an institute for astronomy.
Pune University Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Start Date to Apply Online: 09-11-2015.
End Date to Apply Online: 29-11-2015.
Last Date for receipt of Application: 04-12-2015.
Total Number of Vacancies: 126posts
Name of the Posts:
- Professor: 35 Posts
- Associate Professor: 44 Posts
- Assistant Professor: 45 Posts
- Assistant Librarian: 01 Post
- Programme Coordinator: 01 Post
Post No.1 to 4: Age limit is relaxable.
Post No.5: Age should not be more than 50 years.
Education Jobsal Qualification:
- Candidates must have Masters degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with good academic record with a Ph.D. degree and the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET / SET.
- Knowledge of Pali and Sanskrit and knowledge of scripts to Buddhist Literature and languages like Sinhalese, Burmese, Tibetan etc.
- Reader/Senior Lecturer in the University or Affiliated College. The Principal of the Affiliated College of the status of Reader with N.S.S. background. Programme Officer N.S.S. for at least three years.
Candidates are selected based on their performance in Interview.
Application fees of Rs.600/- (for Open Category) and Rs.300/- (for candidates belonging to reserved categories), should be paid by Direct Cash Deposit through Challan (at Bank of Maharashtra/HDFC Bank).
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Log on to www.admin.unipune.ac.in/recruitment official web site.
- Before applying online must have a valid email ID.
- Select the appropriate post and Click on Apply Online.
- Fill all the details and submit.
- Now take print out of application form for future use.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates may apply online for website www.admin.unipune.ac.in/recruitment from 09-11-2015 to 29-11-2015 and send their receipt of application, all documents and envelope should be superscribed as Application for the post of in the Department of . To the Assistant Registrar, Administration-Teaching, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune 411007 on or before 04-12-2015.